Build requirements: 400 points, Golden Age, no feats on carded figures.
Groot is the 20 point colossal.
Despite Angela being higher points, the initial strike will likely be from Star-Lord and Iron Rocket Man. The team is slow moving with only 1 flyer. Set-up a point position with Angela carrying Rocket Groot in front of her (unless there is strong anti-stealth), wait for Star-lord and Iron Rocket Man to catch up and clear, release the Groot Twig to enhance their shots as Star-Lord. Angela is used to attack any close up opponents and to clean up so she can try to KO the highest point fig for her New Queen of Hel trait. While it may seem that Angela is the primary hitter on the team because of her points, she can take a hit and her mid-dial has Perplex which will enable to boost up Star-Lord and Iron Rocket Man.
Things to Remember:
- Angela has Protected: Outwit and limited Perplex protection at the top.
- Star-Lord can use other GoTG keyword figures to target with Outwit so use that on the approach. Rocket becomes a 2 Outwit fig
- Remember Iron Rocket Man's Ultimate Strategist ability that lets him move an opponent space once per turn. It is not huge but moving a figure back 1 space, a foot mover into hindering, or up next to someone with Plasticity (Groot Twig) could really jam up your opponent.
- When Colossal Retaliating with Groot, make sure that you place him so that he can potentially heal any friendlies within the 4 square attack radius.
- Groot Twig has Plasticity, Poison, and 18 DV so he can be a surprise annoyance if Rocket and Groot get based
- Star-Lord's Guard the Whole Galaxy trait lets the team share the highest DV and adjacency is not required.