main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

The best platform to trade all collectible miniature games!

Trade Cards Online
Let us find for you the cards you need

communicate randomly with people around the world:
throw a message in a bottle

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Announcement by The Topps Company
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old_man
Guru
Guru

Subject: Announcement by The Topps Company   PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:17 pm Reply with quote

czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:24 pm Reply with quote

Holy Sh....ower! Pirates ends today!

Let's hope they keep on with pirates together with Heroclick... but i don't think so.

Fede
old_man
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:38 pm Reply with quote

Wizkids forum down

old_man
holofernes
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quote

Wow, they yanked the forums down fast!

It will be interesting to see if Topps continues SWPMG and Pirates... apparently HeroClix was a shoe-in.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:10 pm Reply with quote

Well that stinks. Looks like I am going to need to do some major trading just to get my 10 masted SS ships. Wonder if they will put out Return to Savage Shores since that was already essentially done?
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quote

if they stop pirates, getting missing stuff's gonna be harder Crying or Very sad
holofernes
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quote

Well, it's interesting they just Moved Wizkids, which costs $$, only to shut them down?

Puzzling.
old_man
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:24 pm Reply with quote

Sometimes it's best to get unpleasant things over and done with.

old_man
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:06 pm Reply with quote

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I shall go die now. I am a diehard fan, and I now will never get the cursed I wanted, (0pt +5pts crew) Sad
holofernes
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:10 pm Reply with quote

Well, keep in mind guys... ALL the forums are down, even the HeroClix ones... so it's not necessarily a sign that Pirates is Axed just yet (I wonder if someone there monkey-wrenched it on the way out the door?)

I'm guessing this means the S.S. image gallery over at WK will not be updated in a timely manner!
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:22 pm Reply with quote

It figures... Just as I was getting into a game the parent company is closed down... -_-

Hopefully it just means all future releases of Pirates will be with the Topps namebrand instead of Wizkids.

Either way atleast we have awsome little ships to show off not just cards stuck in binders collecting dust!
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:34 pm Reply with quote

I try not to be a pessimist, but I can't help it here. The release said "discontinue its product lines". Well as far as Iknew, it only had three - Heroclix, SWPM, and Pirates. So if Heroclix is a "viable brand" then what other product lines are there to discontinue?

The writing's been on the wall for some time, but the way this has been presented looks like some kind of sick joke.

Lots of untied loose ends for a company which is ceasing operations with immediate effect. Will SS ever make it to the UK? (don't know where the rest of Europe stands). What about OP events in December, and in January too for SWPM? How about the new SWPM release due out around now? That must be ready to ship. I should think that this announcement will have a very bad effect on sales.
flinxrap
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:05 pm Reply with quote

Yes, it's a sad day. I've just sent an email to Rose saying thanks for the help she was able to provide over the years and hope she's able to find something different within Topps or somewhere else quickly.

Don't let this deter you from buying product. Perhaps with some strong sales they will release Return to Savage Shores set and continue on from there in one fashion or another under Topps branding.

One thing is for sure, however and it's the simple fact I have enough Pirates to keep playing for years.

flinxrap
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:15 pm Reply with quote

does anybody know where to send angry emails to Topps?
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:59 pm Reply with quote

This is ironic, I recall talking with my dad on Saturday after I bought my Savage Shores box about Wizkids falling apart...

It's really too bad.

Sad

Jeez...it's all gone now...just wow...I'm going to take this all in.

I can't believe that this happened, I know it did, but it's just weird.

Luckily I have enough ships to last until the end of time, but still. This really stinks.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: