main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

The best platform to trade all collectible miniature games!

Trade Cards Online
Let us find for you the cards you need

communicate randomly with people around the world:
throw a message in a bottle

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Rules Question: Assault modifiers

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Axis & Allies Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jryan
Beginner
Beginner

Subject: Rules Question: Assault modifiers   PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:25 pm Reply with quote

Regarding the (-1) modifier for Disrupted or Damaged units or (+1) for misc commanders, my initial reading of the rules was that EACH die was modified by (+/- 1), such that subsequent attacks from a disrupted Panzer would only count 5s and 6s as successful rolls as 4s would become 3s.

However, while reading the card for Imperial Sergeant, the text clearly states for his ability that EACH die is increased by 1 for an attack. That, of course, caused me to question my earlier reading since the explicit wording is missing from other modifier language.

Now, I am interpreting the Disrupted or Damaged (-1) modifier to mean that if my Panzer rolls 7 successful hits against a target, the attack is reduced to 6 successes when determining whether a hit is scored.

Looking for confirmation from a more experienced player. Thanks.
bootstrapbill
Master
Master

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:45 am Reply with quote

For disrupted and damaged units, you subtract 1 from each die - which means only 5s and 6s are successes - since 4s now become 3s. The exception are Veteran units and the various soldier / commander units that cause +1 on each attack die - which means when undamaged/undisrupted they hit on 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 - when damaged/disrupted they hit on 4 or 5 or 6 like normal units.

If your unit had rolled 7 successes but was disrupted or damaged then you need to re evaluate the successes and remove any 4s
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:55 am Reply with quote

I believe your initial assumption is correct. A disrupted or damaged unit suffers a -1 to each attack die, so if a tank rolls 5s and 4s, then they are really going to be 4s and 3s. So, there are chances of successes, but there are fewer chances.

The Imperial Sergeant ability is a little trickier. I'm assuming this is his Banzai Attack ability. The +1 bonus on each attack die only counts for a "friendly, non-disrupted non-Artillery soldier" that can move and attack an enemy in an adjacent hex. So, since a disrupted soldier cannot move, it would be impossible to count this bonus for "that attack" as the card clearly states.

I think I interpreted your question right. And, as I was typing this, bootstrapbill already answered, so I agree with what he said.
jryan
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:18 am Reply with quote

Thanks to the both of you - very helpful for a bunch of AAM newbs in my office. I just started playing with a USA Reserves L/C that works for me and we are having a blast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Axis & Allies Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: