The Tracked Trades service lets you keep track of all your trades with other users of the site. It has multiple advantages over a trade arranged only through the messaging system:
- You can keep track of all the trades you arrange and have them all listed on the site for easy reference.
- All the details get registered so there is no confusion or misunderstanding during the negotiation, or in case of a dispute.
- It updates automatically your lists of miniatures, so you don't need to remember to remove the miniatures from your haves and wants when you receive them or send them.
- Your address is not shared with the other person until the last moment, only when they have already committed to the trade.
- You give and receive references at the appropriate time.
- You get reminded of the status of all the trades you have in process so that you don't forget to send your part and you know when something is getting delayed.
- They act as a more complete reference system. They increase the confidence others have in you, the more trades you have registered and successfully completed.
- You can more reliably trade with people who don't speak fluent English.
- It is much easier to identify possible or known bad traders earlier in the process.
- As the trades are publicly available, you can see what kinds of trades others have performed, and you can show that your trades have always gone smoothly.
- People you trade with are not allowed to just leave the site until they finish the trades they agreed with you.
To initiate a Tracked Trade with another user of the site, you just fill in the form you find below the contact form. There are several sections in a trade and you need to pay attention to all of them:
- Users A and B:
- This is the core of the trade. Here you have listed what miniatures each party needs to send to the other. You also see the address of the other person, though you only see it complete once both parties have accepted the trade.
To add miniatures to be sent by one of the users you press the 'Add miniatures' button. You will be able to select the miniatures from the matches between your collecions of miniatures. This means that in order to trade a given miniature you both need to have it listed in your haves and wants respectively.
Once added you can make changes to the amounts of miniatures and then press on the 'Save changes' button. You also want to add comments indicating the condition of the miniatures if they are not mint/near mint.
- First sender:
- Here you get to determine who should send their miniatures first to the other party. When you meet the requirements stated in our this is decided automatically for you by the system. Otherwise you have to select wich of the two users is going to send their miniatures first.
- Money exchange:
- You can include an exchange of cash as part of a trade, for example to compensate for the uneven value of the traded miniatures, or if you are just buying or selling miniatures. In this latter case, you just enter in the appropriate section the miniatures the buyer is sending and then indicate here how much that person is paying the seller for them.
- Depending on the current status of the trade, you will be expected to perform different actions, like accepting the trade, or indicating that you have sent your miniatures. You will have in this section a form that will let you perform the appropriate action so that the status gets updated and the other party gets automatically notified. It is also here where you enter your complete address so that the other party knows where to send their miniatures.
- History of the trade:
- In this section you can see step by step how the trade has developed, with the dates on which each action was performed, e.g. when the trade was accepted by both parties, when the first sender sent his or her miniatures, etc.
Here is a video tutorial for the Tracked Trades system: