main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

The best platform to trade all collectible miniature games!

wholesale from china through DHgate

Trade Cards Online
Let us find for you the cards you need

communicate randomly with people around the world:
throw a message in a bottle

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Ranking: Mercenary Gold Runners

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Ranking: Mercenary Gold Runners   PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:52 pm Reply with quote

This is the last Ranking thread! Unfortunately it's also probably the worst one, since Mercenaries can't dock at their own home island.

Top 5 Mercenary Gold Runners:

1. Celtic Fury

With the Dories keyword the two ten masters have to take the top spots on this list as they did last week because you need at least one canceller just to make a Merc treasure runner viable.

2. Shui Xian

I switched the order on these two - I have some vague notion that the French have more gold-running type crew than the English.

3. Devil Ray

This ship could use another cargo space or two, but her speed is quite good for a Merc ship when underwater, which is where you'll want her most of the time.

4. Matuku

This is the only "normal" gold runner the Mercs have. Add an explorer and you'll have 3 open spaces moving S+L for 13 points, comparable to other factions.

5. Corcoran

This is another rare Merc ship with S+L speed, although she's not as well-known as the Matuku because of her rarity.

Honorable mentions (in no particular order): Bosun's Bane, Duncan, Slipstream
lightningflash
Beginner
Beginner

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:47 pm Reply with quote

Just to add to the discusion, my son once used the nautilus as a gold runner. Actually was not that bad either. The nautilus and one other ship collected gold while the gunship acted as a ferry to the home island. He had a o e master with an explorer and the gunship was one of the sea monsters ( i believe calypso ). It was a fifty point game. He got second out of the five of us. Been a while since that game so i forget all the details, but it was intersting. Thanks for all the good posts and stuff and i am going to try to be more active.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:41 pm Reply with quote

lightningflash wrote:
Just to add to the discusion, my son once used the nautilus as a gold runner. Actually was not that bad either. The nautilus and one other ship collected gold while the gunship acted as a ferry to the home island. He had a o e master with an explorer and the gunship was one of the sea monsters ( i believe calypso ). It was a fifty point game. He got second out of the five of us. Been a while since that game so i forget all the details, but it was intersting. Thanks for all the good posts and stuff and i am going to try to be more active.

Nice. I once tried exploring with the Nautilus in a 500 point game, but she found Missionary and was essentially done for the game. Sad

You can pretty much use any Merc ship to try to get gold with them, it's just a matter of cancelling the keyword when you're not using one of the ten masters or you don't have another ship on which to drop off the gold.
cannonfury
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:30 pm Reply with quote

I just recently played a 50 point game as the Mercs. I got second place with 22 gold, while third had 17 as the Corsairs. First place had 25 gold. Best treasure runner out of the bunch? Forward . But it used more violent means of grabbing gold....

I also find the Matuku rather sad flavor text wise as it used to be an American vessel. She's a good treasure runner too, and would have been very nice as an American ship.
captain_vendari
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:13 am Reply with quote

cannonfury wrote:
I also find the Matuku rather sad flavor text wise as it used to be an American vessel. She's a good treasure runner too, and would have been very nice as an American ship.

Thing about mercenaries is they're supposed to be mercenaries...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: