main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

The best platform to trade all collectible miniature games!

wholesale from china through DHgate

Trade Cards Online
Let us find for you the cards you need

communicate randomly with people around the world:
throw a message in a bottle

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Ranking: Mercenary Gunships

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Ranking: Mercenary Gunships   PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:03 am Reply with quote

Top 5 Mercenary Gunships:

1. Shui Xian

This huge ship is one of the cheaper ten masters along with the next ship. The Shui Xian gets the nod because of her rank-2 cannons, of which the Celtic Fury has none.

2. Celtic Fury

I consider this to be the most boring ten master; just my opinion.

3. Nautilus

Where would the Mercs and Captain Nemo be without their "flagship"? Smile

4. Forward

This ship is a bit pricy but with solid speed and essentially 4 2S guns, you can't do much better with the Mercs for pure firepower.

5. Santa Molina

This ship is cheaper than most Merc ships (even those with less masts) and comes with a serviceable set of guns and a very good ability. The "almost" ships are just about as good, however.

Almost in the top 5: Tasmanian Devil, Hephaestus, Meropis, Shaihulud

Honorable mentions (in no particular order): Terror, Bosun's Bane, Bashaw Folly, Cadara, Divine Dragon
volt
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:22 am Reply with quote

she may be the most boring, but I think Celtic Fury is the prettiest Wink

I would also nominate Revolution as an honorable mention. Anyway not to use horribly overpriced Thane Hartless is great in my book, lol.

Also, I can't WAIT to see if you attempt Mercenary treasure runners, lol.
selvaxri
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:07 pm Reply with quote

"best Mercenary treasure runners" is a central faction ship with a Ex-Pat dumped at the nearest Wild Island.

The next big advantage, imo, that Shui Xuan has over the Celtic Fury- is she can be crewed by Brother Virgil (also, Lady Kamaile ), and invite over Commander Albert Crenshaw

The Celtic Fury has to spend point for Jordan Dumas .

i wonder if anyone's ever been crazy enough to stuff Osvaldo de Deus Celemente on a 10-master?
woelf
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:59 pm Reply with quote

Nautilus and Forward are about dead even for the top spot here. Forward has much better combat stats for the most part, but Nautilus's defensive abilities keep it matched up. Forward is better if you can ensure you get the first strike every time, otherwise Nautilus is probably the safer choice.

While the two 10-masters are technically more powerful, with costs nearly double that of Nautilus and Forward they're far less practical for fleets in general, so in most cases you're much better off sticking with one of those two smaller ships plus a bunch of extra support rather than putting everything into that one monster ship.

selvaxri wrote:
The next big advantage, imo, that Shui Xuan has over the Celtic Fury- is she can be crewed by Brother Virgil (also, Lady Kamaile ), and invite over Commander Albert Crenshaw

The Celtic Fury has to spend point for Jordan Dumas .
Being able to use Virgil really isn't that much of an advantage, because almost any crew you'd want to pull in from an outside nation already has an equivalent native to France that could operate on Celtic Fury without help.

If you're after Davy Jones, you can have Snape Black Mark the ship for the same (build) cost as Virgil while still retaining the full use of other French crew.

Crenshaw's boost doesn't do as much for the ship as it might appear. He'll give a bit more reach on those chaser and tailing shots (like he'll do for any other ship with S-range cannons at the stern or bow), but otherwise with so much ship to lug around and the cannons spaced so far apart, by the time you get it close enough to a target to really make use Crenshaw's range boost, half the ship will already be within S range anyways.

Quote:
i wonder if anyone's ever been crazy enough to stuff Osvaldo de Deus Celemente on a 10-master?
Good luck lining up the ship so it has a clear line of fire to a single target within S of all cannons at once. I'm not sure it's even physically possible, aside from maybe attacking another 10-mast at point blank range. The Junk keyword doesn't help because BA shuts that down for the shot.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: