main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

The best platform to trade all collectible miniature games!

Trade Cards Online
Let us find for you the cards you need

communicate randomly with people around the world:
throw a message in a bottle

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Battle Reports
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
el_cazador
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:47 pm Reply with quote

pirateaj14 wrote:
Sadly, I got the second part of my campaign almost ready but I accidentally made a mistake and it will take too much work to redo. Sorry for the letdown but it has taken too much of my time to keep doing. So the campaign report won't go on from here. I hope you guys understand.

I have found that doing the report in a document on your PC and copying it over bit by bit to the website helps avoid losing your post, if that's what happened.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: 10 years since PotC came out   PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:13 am Reply with quote

Here is a game to celebrate the 10th anniversary (November 6th) of the Pirates of the Caribbean set!

Only PotC game pieces were allowed, except for generic crew.

Xerecs' Pirates
Fleur de la Mort + Cursed Captain Barbossa , Captain Sao Feng , Cursed Crew 2 , helmsman
Revenge + Capitaine Chevalle , captain, helmsman
Ranger + helmsman, explorer
Song + helmsman

A7XfanBen's English
HMS Phoenix + Admiral James Norrington , helmsman, oarsman
HMS Hyena + Lord Cutler Beckett , helmsman, explorer
HMS Success + captain, helmsman
Edinburgh Trader + captain, helmsman

The game featured plenty of UT's, many of which were found early on. Beckett got his first two AA rolls, giving the Edinburgh Trader and Phoenix a fast start. The Hyena found Marines and Cannibals on the same island!

The Phoenix shot two masts off the Revenge from L+L range, but that precipitated a major brawl between the 4 most heavily armed ships. The Success dismasted the Revenge but took major damage in the process. The Fleur couldn't capture Norrington from the Phoenix, who shot 1/3 to take a mast off the Fleur.

The Pirates used Dead Man's Chest to get 4 extra gold, and the Edinburgh Trader found TWO Aztec Medallions on the same wild island! Not rolling a 1 for either, she found Elizabeth's Piece of Eight. However, it was likely too late.

The Fleur de la Mort captured Admiral James Norrington!

The Trader unloaded her coins, and the game was over! The Pirates won 40-16!
notalwaysyou
Master
Master

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:34 am Reply with quote

It wasn't the most exciting game, as the group I started playing with locally ended up missing most of our players, and the game ended with very little combat...

BUT we recently played a Christmas-themed game where the goal was to drop off presents at islands. So here are two pictures I grabbed from the game

My Girlfriend chose a fleet of two crabs, red and green for the holidays. I loved the mental image of a Titan, with a tiny present in it's claw, tenderly setting inside a child's window. She also chose a small Santa had she had lying around to mark her island... It was a size too large for the island.

Or as she put it...
[quote="My girlfriend (Taylorwinning)"]With both my crab and captain that instill fear in the hearts of my enemies

[size=24]And most of my post is mysteriously missing... I forgot to copy it before I hit post. Ugh. Well I need to go to be, I stayed up wayyy to long posting this the first time.(and my edit was cut off too, I think there's some weird character limit affecting me and idk why
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: New player introduced to the game!   PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:36 am Reply with quote

I played a game on Christmas Eve after teaching a new player how to play Pirates! I don't have the Sleigh or Captain Whitebeard (not that they're legal of course), but getting them out for a brand-new player would be pretty brutal anyway.

In a strange irony, I actually played inside the same shopping mall where I bought my first packs at a FYE store (since closed) way back in early 2005!! Very Happy Shocked My Pirates' Life coming full circle at last! XD

The game was played at a 40 point build total, and I rolled to go first:

English
HMS Durham + captain
HMS Frolic
HMS Europa + Commander Temple

English Pirates
HMS Victor + captain
Greed's Hammer + captain, helmsman
Accused + oarsman

3 wild islands with 4 coins each:

The Durham and Greed's Hammer (GH) head to the same island. The Europa got lucky with extra actions in this game, but couldn't do much with them. (she was going to combine an EA with Temple's ability to yank a derelict home, but wasn't very useful in the meantime)

I let the Europa explore the island with an extra action (no room for gold), while the Durham shot a mast off the GH.

The GH maneuvered to dock at the island while shooting at the Durham, hitting both times to cripple the English flagship.

In the meantime, the Victor, Accused, and Frolic were all busy getting some precious loot:

Without a helmsman to boost her speed, the captain of the Durham decides to not go full speed, electing to keep the mainmast cannon in range to knock another mast off the GH (and thus preventing a possible sinking on the Pirate turn).

This Durham pales in comparison to the original, but she's not a bad ship overall.

The Durham and Frolic get plenty of gold for the English, while the Pirates gather treasure as well.

In the end the Europa left Temple on the island to pick up the final coin there, while the Frolic and Accused have the last loads of treasure for their fleets.

My English ended up winning 19-9, since I got luckier with the treasure distribution. However, the game was mostly about teaching a new player the basics and having fun, which we did. Thanks for reading!
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:12 pm Reply with quote

@Xerecs: Did the 2017 Campaign ever resume? If not, has it officially ended or will it continue into next year?

(plus did you ever get your Oxford back haha)
xerecs

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:42 pm Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:
@Xerecs: Did the 2017 Campaign ever resume? If not, has it officially ended or will it continue into next year?

(plus did you ever get your Oxford back haha)

It has not resumed, but it has not officially ended. We're hopefully going to get one or two more sessions in, with the first hopefully sometime near the end of January.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: This thread could be at 56 pages....   PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:53 pm Reply with quote

Just so this thread is complete... not going to post the 485 page google doc of all the reports in one post.... Shocked

Command the Oceans
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: New VASSAL player in Italy   PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 pm Reply with quote

Just taught Anthony how to play and we played his first-ever game of Pirates!!

I went first with my SM English fleet, while he used Woelf's SM Spanish fleet.

Ironically, all the ships with captains docked at wild islands while the Joya was sailing towards the Dover!

The explorer of the Joya appeared to have a death wish, trying to sink the Dover without the actual captain ability! However, the Dover missed all 3 of her shots in a classic shoot action gone wrong by yours truly!

Even more improbable, the Joya went 3 for 3 on the Spanish turn to cripple the Dover!! O_O

The Dover scurried home to unload coins and repair, handing over combat duties to the more well-equipped HMS Bolingbroke.

It took 3 turns, but the Bolingbroke went 4/9 to finally dismast the pesky Joya del Sol. The Dover and Asesino went back for more gold.

The Bolingbroke captured the Joya del Sol and the last coins were collected.

Final score:
1. English: 23 gold
2. Spanish: 14 gold

This was a good basic introductory game, and we're planning to play again soon! Very Happy
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: 3 players on VASSAL   PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:20 pm Reply with quote

Just played a 3 player game with Anthony and Xerecs! With Anthony in Italy, myself in New York, and Xerecs in California, we played over 3 time zones for a total time differential of 9 hours! O_O Smile

Anthony went first with a Jade Rebellion fleet:
Grand Path + captain, helmsman
Sea Duck
Dragon's Talon + helmsman

I went second with my Halloween 2017 Fleet Challenge entry.

Xerecs used the same amazing type of ships he almost always seems to use:
HMS Grand Temple + Bonny Peel , Sir Christopher Myngs , helmsman, oarsman
Longshanks + helmsman, explorer, oarsman

We introduced Anthony to terrain and UT's, with 6 total islands and 6 pieces of terrain.

The Grand Temple got an SAT from Myngs to dismast the Amity, who had turned ghostly:

The Grand Temple used the whirlpools to head south, while the Dragon's Talon and Sea Duck got some gold. The Grand Path and Terror sailed past Xerecs' home island in opposite directions.

The Longshanks transferred the OE version of the Dead Man's Chest UT to the Grand Temple (I thought it was the PotC version), allowing the GT to sink the Terror and eliminate my "Merc Pirates" from the game. The Jades were busy getting gold, but were soon set upon by the English as well.

The Grand Path sunk the Grand Temple in a matchup of capital ships, after which the Longshanks went on the run with some gold.

The Longshanks got home with coins, after which the Grand Path did the same after some light skirmishing.

Final scores:
1. Anthony: 31 gold
2. Xerecs: 21
3. a7xfanben: 0

Anthony's first win on the high seas! Very Happy
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Spanish got things too good in RotF   PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:45 pm Reply with quote

January 30th marks the 10th anniversary of Rise of the Fiends being released!

To celebrate the occasion, a 5 player "game" has been played on VASSAL! XD

The players in turn order:
1. xerecs, with a Spanish fleet using the rare San Cristobal
2. pirateaj14, with a Spanish fleet using the LE San Cristobal
3. cursedfan99, with a Pirate fleet
4. wantkrakens, with a mixed Franco-Spanish fleet
5. a7xfanben, with a mixed French Pirate fleet

We used 5 home islands and 5 wild islands, with the wild ones getting 6 coins each.

a7xfanben had the first strike, using an EA from the Fool's Hope to dismast the Argo of the Franco-Spanish (and American) fleet.

Much blood money was found, in addition to dolls and monkeys. The Fool's Hope captured the Argo as various ships gathered gold.

I didn't look at the Argo's coins until after the FH got another timely EA (with one mast remaining!) to return home through the whirlpool and dock home her prize. Then it was a fiasco with different players operating on different rules and Blood Money was naturally at the center of it all. That has been just about my least favorite UT for years and now I will officially never play with it again. All in favor of banning Blood Money/Bloody Gold say aye! XD
cursedfan99

Canceled user

Subject: Re: Spanish got things too good in RotF   PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:53 am Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:
January 30th marks the 10th anniversary of Rise of the Fiends being released!

To celebrate the occasion, a 5 player "game" has been played on VASSAL! XD

The players in turn order:
1. xerecs, with a Spanish fleet using the rare San Cristobal
2. pirateaj14, with a Spanish fleet using the LE San Cristobal
3. cursedfan99, with a Pirate fleet
4. wantkrakens, with a mixed Franco-Spanish fleet
5. a7xfanben, with a mixed French Pirate fleet

We used 5 home islands and 5 wild islands, with the wild ones getting 6 coins each.

a7xfanben had the first strike, using an EA from the Fool's Hope to dismast the Argo of the Franco-Spanish (and American) fleet.

Much blood money was found, in addition to dolls and monkeys. The Fool's Hope captured the Argo as various ships gathered gold.

I didn't look at the Argo's coins until after the FH got another timely EA (with one mast remaining!) to return home through the whirlpool and dock home her prize. Then it was a fiasco with different players operating on different rules and Blood Money was naturally at the center of it all. That has been just about my least favorite UT for years and now I will officially never play with it again. All in favor of banning Blood Money/Bloody Gold say aye! XD

Ha! This was a fun game. Wish schedules had worked out a bit better so we could’ve started earlier/finished sooner. Neat little report!
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:38 pm Reply with quote

No new battle report, but I wanted to post here since yesterday I completed a picture redo of one of the best games I've ever played. The following battle report is now complete again.

4 fleets at 100 points each on 11/21/2015.
lightningflash
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:28 pm Reply with quote

Played my son last night and had a good time. He wanted to try out corsair es while I went with pirates.

Corsair es

Sahara
Griffin with explorer
Janissaries' Blood
Tunis
Tripoli

Pirates

Cassandra with captain, helmsman, Le Requin
Royal James
Raven with explorer
Cursed Blade with explorer

Just a quick 50 point game to get back into playing, it went very quickly. We put 1 mysterious island in the middle surrounded by 4 reefs. We put 5 random treasures on each wild island so we had to collect it all to see who would win.

The match went very quickly because all the ships had good speed. Only mistake i made was putting the captain on the Cassandra. Guns of 4 made that worthless. The Janissaries' Blood took her down to 1 mast in 1 turn, and would have gotten her completely but the Tunis, which got in 1 shot, missed. The pirates ended up taking the victory, mainly because all the mysterious island rolls were no effect.

Still a fun game and we plan on getting more in soon.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:43 pm Reply with quote

lightningflash wrote:
Played my son last night and had a good time. He wanted to try out corsair es while I went with pirates.

Sounds cool! The Cassandra is a good ship but yeah the captain probably would have worked better on the Royal James or Raven. Love the Cursed Blade. Are you using the alternate spelling for "corsaires" or am I missing some "ES" abbreviation? (just curious)

Thanks for posting about it, looking forward to hearing about more!
lightningflash
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:37 am Reply with quote

Just misspelled it. Will post more as we play. Hopefully get set up to post pics az well.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 42 of 44

Jump to: