main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

The best platform to trade all collectible miniature games!

Trade Cards Online
Let us find for you the cards you need

communicate randomly with people around the world:
throw a message in a bottle

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
MATHIAS01'S FLEET CHALLENGE!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: MATHIAS01'S FLEET CHALLENGE!   PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:58 pm Reply with quote

Well in hope of reviving the community a bit, I decided to do a fleet challenge!

The rules are simple, build a 40 point fleet that will either Gold Run, or Fight. Those are your choices! I will over all pick the winner, but people are free to vote on which one they think is best! I will be scoring people on Creativity, The amount of Strength in either gold, guns, or both, and most of all you will score extra points if you use one nation as well(Not required though)! But most of all You must only use one set when you make your fleet, so choose wisely!

1st Place will receive: The SR Shaihulud!
2nd Place will receive: The Limited Edition of the HMS Goliath!
3rd Place will receive: Either the SR Squalo or the SR Brachyura!
If there are any questions please comment below!

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE ENTERED BY MAY 12TH! THAT IS ONE WEEK FROM TODAY! YOU MAY NOT MODIFY YOUR FLEET AFTER IT IS PUBLISHED UNLESS IT IS ILLEGAL!

Last edited by czamora on Sat May 05, 2012 7:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject: Re: MATHIAS01'S FLEET CHALLENGE!   PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:15 pm Reply with quote

mathias01 wrote:
The rules are simple, build a 40 point fleet that will either Gold Run, or Fight. I will be scoring people on Creativity, The amount of Strength in either gold, guns, or both

Finally a new challenge! Yay!

Just a few things to clarify:
1. I'm assuming fleets can use the +5 OLR crew? The problem with this is that some nations don't have them, or they don't have this crew in the particular set an individual would use.
2. If a person makes a fleet built for fighting, will they be penalized for not being able to win? Will an all-gold fleet be penalized for not being able to defend itself?
3. Would a theoretical all-gunship fleet be designed to fight a deathmatch, or would it be going against regular fleets/fleets in this challenge? I'm wondering because of the inclusion of UT's in the build, as well as the strategy and therefore the ships/crew used.
4. Is there a specific date when fleets should be submitted, and when does the contest end?
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Re: MATHIAS01'S FLEET CHALLENGE!   PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:32 pm Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:
mathias01 wrote:
The rules are simple, build a 40 point fleet that will either Gold Run, or Fight. I will be scoring people on Creativity, The amount of Strength in either gold, guns, or both

Finally a new challenge! Yay!

Just a few things to clarify:
1. I'm assuming fleets can use the +5 OLR crew? The problem with this is that some nations don't have them, or they don't have this crew in the particular set an individual would use.
2. If a person makes a fleet built for fighting, will they be penalized for not being able to win? Will an all-gold fleet be penalized for not being able to defend itself?
3. Would a theoretical all-gunship fleet be designed to fight a deathmatch, or would it be going against regular fleets/fleets in this challenge? I'm wondering because of the inclusion of UT's in the build, as well as the strategy and therefore the ships/crew used.

1st Question: No +5 OLR!
2nd Question: You will not be penalized for choosing one or another or both! Because whatever fleet you make it will either be designed for a death match, or for gold running, so it will treated like that is what the fleet is going to play in!
3rd Question: If one person chooses Guns, it will be like they are fighting a death match. Same with Gold if you choose gold it will be like a normal 40 point game. Also I should mention that UT's are allowed as long as they are from the same set as your fleet!

Hope this answers your questions! Very Happy
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:04 am Reply with quote

You have answered my questions, thank you. I look forward to preparing a fleet. Smile
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:14 am Reply with quote

Good. Have fun!
mastercommander

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:03 pm Reply with quote

Are we allowed more than one fleet? Question
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:03 am Reply with quote

mastercommander wrote:
Are we allowed more than one fleet? Question
No just one fleet...For now, I may have a round two or something possibly! Very Happy
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:48 pm Reply with quote

Anyone can join this contest Exclamation
desoto_reloaded

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote

Groovy. I am in.

I think.

I started another semester of college and am a bit busy, but I might be able to find time. Gosh.
woelf
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote

Can fleets that have been previously posted be entered?

I've got several already in the system that would qualify for this challenge without needing a single change - including both that are currently in the "candidates" list.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quote

woelf wrote:
Can fleets that have been previously posted be entered?

I've got several already in the system that would qualify for this challenge without needing a single change - including both that are currently in the "candidates" list.

You can, it's just it won't score very high on Creativity because it has already been used. Other than that you may submit a previous fleet from your collection.

Hope this answers your questions! Very Happy
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:20 am Reply with quote

Are we to presume low creativity with Pirates, especially since there's a simple one with PotR?

I'd join this competition, but does anyone know how to add generic captains from the same set without having to add every single captain the game until the right one shows up?
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:19 am Reply with quote

Not quite sure what your saying? Confused Please explain!
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:48 am Reply with quote

mathias01 wrote:
Not quite sure what your saying? Confused Please explain!

I don't know which clause is problematic, so I'll explain them both:

1) If we use obvious picks such as the SoS, Banshee's Cry, etc. that belong to the Pirates faction, will creativity points be lost?

2) I had a good idea for a fleet setup, but because all pieces need to be from the same set I needed to find a Crimson Coast Captain. The problem is that the only apparent way to add captains is by the "quick-add" option at the bottom of the page. However, this brings up random captains EXCEPT the one I need. Is there some quick way to add the desired Captain without having to add every single captain until the "quick-add" runs out of options and provides the desired crew?
woelf
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:43 pm Reply with quote

the_grandmaster wrote:
...I needed to find a Crimson Coast Captain. The problem is that the only apparent way to add captains is by the "quick-add" option at the bottom of the page. However, this brings up random captains EXCEPT the one I need. Is there some quick way to add the desired Captain without having to add every single captain until the "quick-add" runs out of options and provides the desired crew?
Instead of fighting with the "quick add" thing, just do it the old-fashioned, manual way.

Use the "Add miniatures to section ____" button just above that so you can filter by set, nationality, and name.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: