main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

The best platform to trade all collectible miniature games!

Trade Cards Online
Let us find for you the cards you need

communicate randomly with people around the world:
throw a message in a bottle

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
What is the SWM climate like for you?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Star Wars Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: What is the SWM climate like for you?   PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:02 am Reply with quote

I got into Star Wars minis with the release of Rebel Storm in 2004. I loved the blind pack. Brought me back to the feeling I got as a boy buying football cards. I really like the excitement of opening that pack up and not knowing what is inside. Will it be that hard to find very rare? Will it be that last piece you need to complete your set? Needless to say I was hooked from the get go. I had a small minis group that would meet to play weekly. As the years went on the numbers trailed off until we had only myself and two others, right around The release of Legacy of the Force. Up until then I was buying 1 to 2 boosters a week and had complete sets of all releases up until LOTF. Then I stepped away from the game for a while. Then someone sent me a message on Facebook about this site. I came here a few months ago and got bit by the bug again. I started trading again, buying boosters, and even a whole collection of over 500 miniatures. Those extras will soon be in my for trade list. Now I want to get back into playing but currently have no where to do it and only one other person in my area who is into mins. So what is the game like for you?
vanara

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:01 pm Reply with quote

It's good right now in my area. We play every Saturday. We have about 8-10 players, though not everyone turns up every week. At the Regional this year we had 14 people attend, some from out of state.

If you have a local gaming store, you could set a regular time and ask them to post a flyer advertising the game. That's what two of us did 10 months ago and now it's pretty strong with many players who'd quit returning to the game and a couple new players joining us.
haven13

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:44 am Reply with quote

No one's played at my venue for years.

I still trade for stuff that I've been missing. Due to finances I wasn't able to pick up the last few sets.

I'd be up to play if anyone at my venue was interested, though.

It's still listed on the board for Friday Night open play, but no one's said anything.
general_seric

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:59 am Reply with quote

I only have 2 of my friends near me who still play, and one of them does not have his own army.

I don't play the game much anymore, at this point I have moved on to Flames of War, which has a group of about 10 who play regularly at my local game store.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Star Wars Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: