main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

The best platform to trade all collectible miniature games!

Trade Cards Online
Let us find for you the cards you need

communicate randomly with people around the world:
throw a message in a bottle

bulletin boards

Miniature Trading is shutting down.

Miniature Trading will be shut down beginning 1 July 2019. We strongly recommend you export your lists before this date as the site, together with your account, will no longer be available afterwards. Miniature Trading was started as a platform to provide the most comprehensive database available on the Internet. But since we weren't able to expend enough time to keep up with the marketplace, we have decided to shut the site down. While it's sad to say goodbye, we are hopeful that you will continue your passion for collecting. We regret any inconvenience this may cause you. We appreciate everyone who has used and supported Miniature Trading. Thank you!

TIP Check our FAQ for the answer to all your questions about this site and how to get the most benefit out of it.
LLL
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Panzer Leader/ Panzer Blitz

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Axis & Allies Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: Panzer Leader/ Panzer Blitz   PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:15 pm Reply with quote

When i was looking up miniatures and playing with the ones i have my dad was asking about them and looking at the info on the cards etc. he went to the basement into his wargame collection and pulled up two "book case games" - Panzer Leader and Panzer Blitz. interestingly enough both of those games and A&AM are made be avalon hill. so i was wondering possibly that is where a lot of their basis for this game was because the rules are pretty similar, with the exceptions of size of forces, maps, turns, etc. just a cool thing i thought i'd share, if anyone elso knows the two games i'm talking about.
bootstrapbill
Master
Master

Subject: Re: Panzer Leader/ Panzer Blitz   PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:35 pm Reply with quote

irishbandit89 wrote:
When i was looking up miniatures and playing with the ones i have my dad was asking about them and looking at the info on the cards etc. he went to the basement into his wargame collection and pulled up two "book case games" - Panzer Leader and Panzer Blitz. interestingly enough both of those games and A&AM are made be avalon hill. so i was wondering possibly that is where a lot of their basis for this game was because the rules are pretty similar, with the exceptions of size of forces, maps, turns, etc. just a cool thing i thought i'd share, if anyone elso knows the two games i'm talking about.

I have seen one copy of Panzer Blitz - I have heard it is a great game. It was printed in the 70s I think.

I remember another game from the 70s called "Tank Battle" - kind of a Stratego type of board game. It pitted the Sherman M4a3 against the Panther G5 - there were game pieces for the tanks and fuel depots and a battle map type board.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quote

I've wondered the same thing myself, from the other side. I collect this series of old Avalon Hill games, & these days I'm looking at getting into A&A minis. Suppose I'll find out for sure when/if I actually invest in it (time being even more difficult to invest for me than the money part).

In the 80s, these games were consolidated into Advanced Squad Leader, & the rights eventually sold to Multiman Publishing, which continues to make new stuff. It is perhaps the most complicated game ever made.

If I ever do actually buy into A&A minis, I expect I'll discover the rules are similar to the old games in spirit, but not in exact mechanics or numbers. That is, they probably no longer own the rights to the original rules, & the old rules are too complex for A&A minis.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:18 pm Reply with quote

The basics of the game are fairly simple, easy to remember as such, but there are a few 'advanced rules' and you will always run ito odd situations where you may need to ask a question about how to proceed but it is pretty straight forward Smile
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Axis & Allies Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: