main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

The best platform to trade all collectible miniature games!

wholesale from china through DHgate

Trade Cards Online
Let us find for you the cards you need

communicate randomly with people around the world:
throw a message in a bottle

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Corsairs of Douglas County site, and player set PotFC!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rizz
Guru
Guru

Subject: Corsairs of Douglas County site, and player set PotFC!   PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:14 am Reply with quote

Hi again everyone. Now that the design a ship contest is over, I am hoping some of you may be willing to donate your apparent talents to my project Pirates of the Forgotten Coast. I am in need of two different types of task for this set. I can only offer credit on the site and the ship card for the help provided. Although I suspect that those who help out will also get a nice warm feeling for doing something to help keep the game going until NECA gets around to us. Those who do wish to submit something to this project will find a link to do so on the "ship cards" on my site. Only those which need info or art will have this link.

First I am needing flavor text for many of the ships. In addition to this, I am also willing to accept suggestions on special abilities for many of them too. You will notice very few ships currently have a special ability, so let me know what ability should go to which ship in your opinion, and I will consider it. Here is the list of ships currently needing flavor text. Some of these ships have an English translation of their name on my site, be sure to check.

Al Mua'zzar, Dead Man's Jig, Diamond Tears, Domiat, Hawk Raider, Invasor de la Muerto, Keshaf, Kilid-il-Bahr, Liberty Bell, Luna's Avenger, Nasr Al Bahr, Pasha's Fist, Sandstorm, Sea Stallion, Sultan's Pride, The Scepter, Twilight Viper, USS Alamo, USS Carson City, USS Phoenix Rising, USS Quahog, Veiled Serpent, Vierges Sang, Wuhan

I also am needing card art designed for many of the ships, here is the list of those needing the have their art designed still.

Al Mua'zzar, Conqueror of the Waves, Dead Man's Jig, Diamond Tears, Domiat, Fierté de l'Empereur, Fuente de Oro, Gibbet, Gypsy, Hawk Raider, HMS Subtle, Invasor de la Muerto, Keshaf, Kilid-il-Bahr, Kozlou, Liberty Bell, Luna's Avenger, Nasr Al Bahr, Pasha's Fist, Puño de Dios, Sandstorm, Sea Dragon, Sea Stallion, Shang, Sultan's Bride, Sultan's Pride, The Glorious, The Scepter, Twilight Viper, Undergång av Grendel, Unschuld Mörder, USS Alamo, USS Carson City, USS Phoenix Rising, USS Quahog, Veiled Serpent, Vierges Sang, Voluntad del Papa, Wuhan

I will edit this list as ship art comes in, or flavor texts get completed. I also will edit it as I post the stats for more ships (not all are up yet).

Last edited by rizz on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:32 pm; edited 6 times in total
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:39 am Reply with quote

Awesome, I'll try and do my bit to help, but your site is having a coughing fit right now.
rizz
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:13 pm Reply with quote

alanqsmithee wrote:
Awesome, I'll try and do my bit to help, but your site is having a coughing fit right now.

Bummer, I like what you sent so far guy. I think it is going to find it's way in for sure. So that puts the Undergång av Grendel off the list of those needing text.
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:58 pm Reply with quote

I can't quite find all of those ships/crew under the Forgotten Coast set...I did submit some flavor text and ability suggestions...maybe more to come later.
rizz
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:36 am Reply with quote

admiralb wrote:
I can't quite find all of those ships/crew under the Forgotten Coast set...I did submit some flavor text and ability suggestions...maybe more to come later.

I see what happened, the issue should be fixed soon, and them all listed.

BTW Admiralb, what you sent was PERFECT! Once my site host have my login straightened out again I will get the updates loaded which will show what was added by both of you. Thank a heap guys.
cleverpun

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:04 am Reply with quote

You should put a courtesy link here so people don't have to go back and forth to get to your site.
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:05 am Reply with quote

I can't stop laughing about the suggestion I just sent in. Sorry if it's too silly. Kind of a "subtle" joke, you might say.
rizz
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quote

cleverpun wrote:
You should put a courtesy link here so people don't have to go back and forth to get to your site.

Not a problem, I can definately do that again...

http://tinyurl.com/22jnbgn

alanqsmithee wrote:
I can't stop laughing about the suggestion I just sent in. Sorry if it's too silly. Kind of a "subtle" joke, you might say.

No it seems good to me, I will get it added after the holiday.

Last edited by rizz on Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
rizz
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:58 am Reply with quote

Well it was long enough of a wait wasn't it. However my site host have finally gotten the tech issue that was keeping me from updating fixed. Soooooooo, all those ships I had listed that were not actually on my site yet, are there now.
rizz
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:34 pm Reply with quote

Last night I added the info for the new forts to my site.
rizz
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:50 pm Reply with quote

For those few of you who are enjoying my set thus far, my apologies for how long it has been since my last update to the set, and my site. I have run into a number of RL snags since the holidays which are demanding much time from me. Luckily the light at the end of the tunnel which was a train has gotten past, and I can now see trees through the tunnel exit. Updates will happen again soon.
hawkn93

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:05 pm Reply with quote

So will we be able to buy the new set? I really loved the old forts.
rizz
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:32 pm Reply with quote

hawkn93 wrote:
So will we be able to buy the new set? I really loved the old forts.

No, much better than that. The PotFC set is freely downloadable. You can then print the pieces onto whatever card making medium you would like to use, and cut/aseemble. Distrobution with this method allows for a few nicities that "selling" a set to you doesn't.

1) I am actually falling into the fair use and parody areas of copyright law.

2) You can make the pieces as nice or as disposable as you want.

3) If a piece you just cannot live without gets destroyed, you can replace it pretty easily.
hawkn93

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:35 pm Reply with quote

pretty cool. So anyone know a place that can print on the mats used by WK?
Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quote

not sure, but you might want to check Kinkos, they do a lot of stuff that most people don't know about.

using sticker paper and extra ships might be cheaper though...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: