main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

The best platform to trade all collectible miniature games!

Trade Cards Online
Let us find for you the cards you need

communicate randomly with people around the world:
throw a message in a bottle

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
How do you organize ur collection?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
czamora

Canceled user

Subject: How do you organize ur collection?   PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:10 pm Reply with quote

OK, after snagging new stuff, updating the Admiral, etc. etc. I have like 400 ships and named crew. They are all over the place. And I want MORE!

How do you organize your collection? How do you store all these pieces n parts so you can find them for a game? Do you prioritize by most-frequently used ships/crews abilities (ie favorites)?

I started sorting by faction. UTs & equipment in small card boxes. Islands in their own box. No problem. But I keep outgrowing my deckplate box, crew box, and built-ships storage.

Do I need a bigger house?
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:15 pm Reply with quote

P.S.

What's driving me nuts, also, is all the crew/UT cards with 2 per card. Two crew, two different factions. Or UT with a crew, or an event with a crew. WTH do you file THEM, assuming they're not just generic crew?
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:44 pm Reply with quote

I never punch my collection cards out and store them in card binders more commonly used for baseball cards. All cards fit neatly on a shelf taking up roughly 2 feet of space.

As a suggestion for the UT's and crew, use the small plastic boxes that you can find in either the craft or fishing tackle locations in the box stores. Keep the main card in binders and the crew chit in the small box divided by nationality. I made copies of all the crew chits in the game so I have full access to all of them for family play. Wouldn't be tournament legal but I have no desire to play in tournaments.

Ships that I play with I keep assembled on a shelf. I only assembled about 50 of them. For my purposes which is occasional family play where we each take turns picking a ship, that's all I need.
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:12 pm Reply with quote

Some of my ships are unpunched, and I keep those in a three ring binder. I use the plastic protectors meant for baseball cards.

I play the game as often as I can find an opponent, and those ships are kept in a Plano fishing tackle box. The smokey grey colored box with two levels works the best because it holds the most and can be tipped upside down (or shaken!!!) without any pieces falling out of their spot.

I have a cheap storage bin with drawers that I found in the Wal-Mart hardware dept. that I use to store the crew cards. The drawers are divided so I can fit two factions per drawer, and it has nine drawers.

I also have a Plano box that I keep all my islands and terrain, treasure, unique treasure and generic crew in.

Garvey
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:59 pm Reply with quote

I punch and assemble all of my ships and store them in those big Ocean's Edge tins by set. I also put ships in a small dresser. I keep all of my extras unpunched and put them into individual sleeves. I keep my ships that I use for when my cousins come over on 5 shelves in my bedroom. I keep all of my cards in 3 3" binders. Sorting them out by set and number. I like to be really organized. Wink
lordstu

Canceled user

Subject: Re: How do you organize ur collection?   PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:49 pm Reply with quote

posh wrote:
Do I need a bigger house?

Pretty much! Laughing Welcome to Pirates!!

I keep all my collecting cards in a cardboard photo box with dividers in it to separate the different sets. I have assembled all the ships for my playing collection, which I store in 4 sets of 4 plastic drawers each, which I picked up at Home Depot(they are just deep enough to be able to put a 5-mast ship in upright). The skeletons I have kept separated by set and stored in a number of the cubical cardboard boxes many eBay sellers use.

The deckplates I keep in plastic baseball card boxes, currently the only factions which are overflowing are the English and the Pirates - for the Pirates I separated all the Galleys, Junks, Sea Creatures and such out and stored them in a separate smaller plastic drawer unit along with their respective deckplates.

Equipment, Events, UT's and named crew cards I also keep in baseball card boxes. They are pretty solid and easy to transport. Generic crew I have punched and store in Bic lighter trays(the ones for the smaller lighters are the best - check your local Dollar or convenience store for ones that are near-empty, you might get a strange look, but they will usually part with them if you ask politely) - the tokens fit perfectly, and the tray fits quite nicely into a plastic CD box(I think it's for 10 CD's) for spill-free transport.

Islands I just stogged into a 240-bag Tea Box, though I keep a few out for game play. I also created a "fixed" gameboard with islands and terrain "glued" onto it for easy set-up, which I can lean up against a wall if need be.

All the boxes stack quite nicely and easily fit on the top of my dresser. The drawer units take up a bit more space, but my wife has kindly allowed me the necessary room beside our bookshelves.

The little micro-dice I am currently stacking so as to build a fixed connection to the International Space Station for when NASA puts the Shuttle in mothballs... Wink
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:31 am Reply with quote

i store all my boats and crew punched in their cards in card sleeves, in a treasure chest (how fitting) i might post pics if u wish. and i sort them by nationality then by ships/crew then by points. its easiest this way, expecially if you are a player and thumb through your cards.
davejr

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:22 pm Reply with quote

I keep my cards in the blue pirates tins. One nation per tin(except Pirate takes two). Arranged biggest to smallest ships in front and crew in back.
And I keep my ships in Schwan's Quick taters frozen food boxes. I keep both the tins and boxes of ships in black plastic folding, stackable produce crates.
rizz
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quote

I myself organize my ships in wooden wine boxes

I use the two bottle ones, which provide alot of room inside, and give great protection. Inside the boxes I organise my cards by nation, and type (American Crew, American Ships, Barbary Crew, Barbary Ships, etc) and I have small plastic dividers I have between the catagories.
cleverpun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:39 am Reply with quote

I generally punch the first copy of a ship I get, unless I know I'll never use it. So I have a quite a few ships. I put the ones I/my friends use the most in a PoR tin, and the rest in various boxes (mostly based on size). I put crew/UTs in a SS scavenger pack (with the plastic thing), and Islands in a RotF box.
And all this is in about three drawers, along with the stacks of deckplates and special crew cards, and my tin of SWpcketmodel stuff and some other things.
Not professional, but it works.
rizz
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:05 pm Reply with quote

posh wrote:
P.S.

What's driving me nuts, also, is all the crew/UT cards with 2 per card. Two crew, two different factions. Or UT with a crew, or an event with a crew. WTH do you file THEM, assuming they're not just generic crew?

I actually did an area for multi national crews in my boxes. Crews that are on UT's get filed as UT, same for events.
rizz
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:06 pm Reply with quote

cleverpun wrote:
I generally punch the first copy of a ship I get, unless I know I'll never use it.

My extra's never get punched, but I punch all of my first copies. But then again I also take photos of all my assembled models for my site.
lordstu

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:10 pm Reply with quote

posh wrote:
P.S.

I get two of each card(fortunately they're nearly all commons), one goes in the box with one faction, the other goes in the box with the other faction, or, in the case of an Event or UT, it goes in the Event or UT box, respectively - I have two complete sets of both Events and Equipment, one set punched for gameplay, one for reference; I keep both sets together in the same boxes for easy transport. My UT's I have created a set of proxies for, but I keep the original cards in the same box for reference. Smile
lordstu

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:11 pm Reply with quote

posh wrote:
P.S.

I get two of each card(fortunately they're nearly all commons), one goes in the box with one faction, the other goes in the box with the other faction, or, in the case of an Event or UT, it goes in the Event or UT box, respectively - I have two complete sets of both Events and Equipment, one set punched for gameplay, one for reference; I keep both sets together in the same boxes for easy transport. My UT's I have created a set of proxies for, but I keep the original cards in the same box for reference. Smile
czamora

Canceled user

Subject:    PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:41 pm Reply with quote

Welcome to the game and this forum. All my cards go into sleeves, then into pages inside a binder. One binder for each complete set. I have my assembled ships inside a plastic drawer unit and all the deck plates organised inside a binder as well. As for loose parts I use Pirate tins.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. You can create a new topic in the same forum if you want.    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: