main page of Miniature TradingMiniature Trading

The best platform to trade all collectible miniature games!

wholesale from china through DHgate

Trade Cards Online
Let us find for you the cards you need

communicate randomly with people around the world:
throw a message in a bottle

bulletin boards

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Favorite artwork for ships and crew
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
repkosai
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:08 am Reply with quote

Minuteman: I don't know why, but 3-mast schooners look good. This one in particular has that 'ship in a bottle' look to it, with pristine sails and coloring.
crsluggo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:57 am Reply with quote

a7xfanben wrote:
I just don't understand why they couldn't have done their due diligence and reflected history by giving the ship only one main gun deck. The most famous sailing warship of the game's main country, and they couldn't even get the artwork right! Confused

I understand exactly what you are saying! Enterprise , Intrepid ,
& Philadelphia are some of the worst offenders in game vs. history....
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:00 am Reply with quote

repkosai wrote:

Minuteman: I don't know why, but 3-mast schooners look good. This one in particular has that 'ship in a bottle' look to it, with pristine sails and coloring.

She's clean, but I must say I prefer the Cursed Blade and some others. I do agree that 3 masted schooners look cool, and they also happen to be a rather effective ship type. For me, having the Blade, Jarvis, Boston, and HMS Nautilus in your first handful of packs will also help you think that. Smile

Another early ship of mine, the Broken Key has quite interesting artwork. It helps to study her a little more closely.
hekaton1

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:40 am Reply with quote

I agree, the Broken Key is one of my favorite ships in my small collection (79 ships & sea monsters). However, my favorite pirate ship that I own is the Black Diamond . Its sails are really interesting. My favorite British ship of mine is the HMS Richards for its sails (again Very Happy ). Spanish: El Garante ! It just looks so badass. Cursed: Brachyura , the DJC Flying Dutchman (for whatever reason I can't link it or the Nightmare), and the Nightmare are all amazing. I don't have a lot of American or French ships, but my fav French ship is La Bonne Chance (because I only have three junks and they all look AMAZING), and my fav English ship is the USS Kentucky . So cool! I'm guessing the symbol on its sails is the Annapolis thingy?

Overall, my favorite set's artwork on average is PotSM. It's the most realistic (I pretend the holes in the sails for the pirates are just grime), and also the set I started out with, getting 20 packs for $1 each at my local comic shop. Some of the more unrealistically decorated ships can look good, like the Sea Duck , Nox , and Maui's Fishhook (there are a lot, actually), but some look just funky. Like the Calchas . It's a fun ship and all, but there are no planks on the sides of the hull. Like, what mate? Others are, like, all yellow, and that don't look good m8.

And sorry for the wall of text. Just noticed that lol.

EDITED to link the ships I could.

Last edited by hekaton1 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:02 am Reply with quote

hekaton1 wrote:
and my fav English ship is the HMS Kentucky. So cool! I'm guessing the symbol on its sails is the Annapolis thingy?

Not sure.

Quote:
I also just realized that MT doesn't auto-link ships when you say their name, which is annoying. How do you do that?

Type the ship's name into the insert miniature box above the post box, and hit insert link. USS Kentucky , Calchas

Quote:
And sorry for the wall of text. Just noticed that lol.

Laughing Don't worry about that, this game needs all the attention it can get. Besides, it's really not that much. Laughing (coincidentally posted 3 years ago today)
hekaton1

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:27 pm Reply with quote

Oh gawd. Thanks, now my post feels like a bush of text or something. Laughing

Thanks for telling me how you link ships! On an unrelated note, I'm a pretty big fan of yours, having listened to a lot of podcasts & read a lot of your posts/site. Any tips for increasing my collection at minimal cost?
godmason
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:47 pm Reply with quote

hekaton1 wrote:
Oh gawd. Thanks, now my post feels like a bush of text or something. Laughing

Thanks for telling me how you link ships! On an unrelated note, I'm a pretty big fan of yours, having listened to a lot of podcasts & read a lot of your posts/site. Any tips for increasing my collection at minimal cost?
Keep an eye on eBay, or reach out to people who have tons of trade fodder and the like available.

I can sell you a bunch of my spares for relatively little. They were going to go to someone on reddit, but they haven't gotten back to me.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:54 pm Reply with quote

hekaton1 wrote:
On an unrelated note, I'm a pretty big fan of yours, having listened to a lot of podcasts & read a lot of your posts/site. Any tips for increasing my collection at minimal cost?

Thanks a ton! Hill's Wholesale Gaming generally has the best pack prices out there, and getting 72 ships from OE for around $50 (including shipping) is one of the best deals you'll find for pure quantity. Assuming they have sales again on Black Friday, you could really get a good deal there. Other than that, patience on eBay and snatching up things that appeal to you at a cost lower than the market usually sells for. My best deals are unrealistic in the current sellers' market, but serve as an example that a collector can avoid overpaying if you're patient and look consistently.

Also, definitely post your haves and wants here. I've done a ton of trades which has saved me money and time overall compared to finding ships for purchase and having duplicates sitting around. (I understand you won't have many duplicates yet)

I like your new avatar! Are you a fan of the Dutch?
hekaton1

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:18 pm Reply with quote

godmason wrote:

Keep an eye on eBay, or reach out to people who have tons of trade fodder and the like available.

I can sell you a bunch of my spares for relatively little. They were going to go to someone on reddit, but they haven't gotten back to me.

Thanks! Can you send me a list & how much you want for them?

a7xfanben wrote:

Thanks a ton! Hill's Wholesale Gaming generally has the best pack prices out there, and getting 72 ships from OE for around $50 (including shipping) is one of the best deals you'll find for pure quantity.

I have looked at them, and they're one of the sites that I sometimes get Pirates stuff from. Unfortunately, shipping is crazy from there to the West Coast, so I don't order from them much.

a7xfanben wrote:

Glad you like it! I am indeed! I am actually half-Dutch and (probably a bit too Wink ) proud of it. I actually plan on making a custom set with the Dutch in it, since it'll be easier for me to capture Dutch culture in it. I also saw your Dutch faction for the world game & that you had Michiel de Ruyter in it. One of his most famous ships was the Tijdverdrijf, & I imagine that it would be fun to put that into your custom set. It literally means "pasttime." I don't know why. lol
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:25 pm Reply with quote

hekaton1 wrote:
a7xfanben wrote:

Glad you like it!

Well I can't like it too much, since the English are my favorite faction. Laughing

Quote:
I also saw your Dutch faction for the world game & that you had Michiel de Ruyter in it. One of his most famous ships was the Tijdverdrijf, & I imagine that it would be fun to put that into your custom set. It literally means "pasttime." I don't know why. lol

Nice! I don't think I had heard of that ship before but I'll probably add it at some point.
hekaton1

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:00 am Reply with quote

You have to like the Dutch. Else I'll make my own Command the Oceans. Twisted Evil

But as for the Tijdverdrijf, it was fairly important. It was a pretty strong ship, and its captain was, you know, Michiel de Ruyter. It's also really fun to make Americans try to say it. Smile lol
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:11 am Reply with quote

hekaton1 wrote:
You have to like the Dutch. Else I'll make my own Command the Oceans. Twisted Evil

Good luck with that. Laughing

Quote:
But as for the Tijdverdrijf, it was fairly important. It was a pretty strong ship, and its captain was, you know, Michiel de Ruyter. It's also really fun to make Americans try to say it. Smile lol

Yeah I cannot pronounce anything and I think I will give up trying on the French stuff. XD
crsluggo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:20 am Reply with quote

I have wondered why the Dutch were never introduced into the game. I mean they went toe-to-toe with the Royal Navy on more than 1 occasion and had numerous holdings and outposts scattered across the globe....
hekaton1

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:57 am Reply with quote

Yeah, the Dutch actually one a lot of wars against the British. They even captured the flagship of the British in the 3rd Anglo-Saxon war, named after the king (I think it was the Charles or something). Maybe a reason why they weren't introduced was that the Dutch mostly dominated the East Indies & the trade rout around Africa and India, but they really dominated there. I wish they were introduced.
a7xfanben
Guru
Guru

Subject:    PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:35 am Reply with quote

hekaton1 wrote:
Yeah, the Dutch actually one a lot of wars against the British. They even captured the flagship of the British in the 3rd Anglo-Saxon war, named after the king (I think it was the Charles or something). Maybe a reason why they weren't introduced was that the Dutch mostly dominated the East Indies & the trade rout around Africa and India, but they really dominated there. I wish they were introduced.

I wish we had seen them too, especially over the Vikings and some of the weirder Cursed stuff that doesn't play well. I think they were the most-requested faction, but Wizkids never did it. Perhaps because by DJC they were flailing away from the historical stuff anyway.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Miniature Trading Forum Index -> Pirates CSG All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: